CranioSacral Therapy and SomatoEmotional Release
CranioSacral Therapy is a light-touch approach that can create dramatic improvements in your life and wellness. It releases tensions deep in the body to relieve pain and dysfunction and improve whole-body health and performance.
By gently working with the soft tissues of the body, it releases restrictions around your brain and spinal cord, allowing your body to self-correct and free itself of pain and dysfunction. Because it strengthens the body on multiple levels, CranioSacral Therapy is known for its ability to relieve a wide range of medical conditions.
SomatoEmotional Release is a therapeutic process that expands on the principles of CranioSacral Therapy to help rid the mind and body of the residual effects of trauma.
CranioSacral Therapy is an exceptional treatment because it:
● Is gentle, but produces dramatic results
● Encourages your body’s natural ability to heal
● Treats the source of your pain
● Accesses deep calm and healing for body, mind, and spirit.
I treat more than just symptoms- it is about getting to the source. The work can help heal difficulties that traditional methods may not effectively treat.
How does CranioSacral Therapy work?
CranioSacral Therapy works not so much by doing something to the body as by encouraging the body’s self-corrective mechanisms to activate and help it heal. Through this process, restrictions causing the symptoms of pain in the body are released.
The gentle approach of CranioSacral therapy releases imprints of previous trauma from the tissue, allowing it to realign itself and lengthen into its more fluid state, letting go of the pain, stress and unease in your body.
For long-term healing, it is necessary to identify the underlying causes of the physical and emotional challenges that the body is experiencing. When this form of treatment occurs and the core of the restriction is released, the pain or challenges can disappear.
So what is this pain coming from?
Chronic pain can stem from trauma or stress (often early in life) that caused a sympathetic flight or fight response in the body. This response occurs in your Autonomic Nervous System (ANS), which controls your digestion, muscle tone, heart beat and breathing—things you don’t usually have to think about yet function none the less.
The body’s connective tissue should be long and fluid. This fight or flight response to the trauma causes the connective tissue to become harder and denser, reducing the functionality and range of motion in the tissue, retaining the imprint of the trauma or stress, and causing pain. It is as if it is holding on to the trauma and producing a pattern of pain in your body.
What do you mean “trauma”?
Trauma is anything that takes your body out of homeostasis (balance). Trauma can be caused by illness, virus, accidents, injuries, congenital disorders, dysfunction, disease, abuse or any combination of these. The event creates a pattern in your tissue, which is reinforced by continued habits and strengthens over time.
What should I expect from a hands-on Cranial Sacral Session?
Cranial Sacral Sessions last an hour to hour and fifteen minutes and often are deeply relaxing. This light-touch therapy can impact the client throughout their entire body, eliciting an emotional release as the trauma is released from the tissue. Sometimes, a client during a physical release of the tissues, will experience a memory flash from a trauma that is related to their healing process, as they re-experience and release these stored memories from their tissues in their body.
The client lays on their back on the treatment table; the client is asked to wear comfortable, nonbinding clothing as we work through the clothing. Client often experiences a feeling of relaxation deep in their body as the Cerebral spinal fluid is balanced; body unwinds and balance occurs.
How do I know if CranioSacral Therapy is for me?
If you experience deeply rooted chronic pain, stress overload or exhaustion stemming from either early childhood trauma or a sustained trauma in your life, CranioSacral Therapy may be your answer. Amy works with those suffering from Chronic Conditions such as: PTSD, Migraine, Cancer, Recurring neck or back injury from accident or surgery, Concession, Scoliosis, Balance issues, TMJ, Chronic sinus, Panic Attacks, Anxiety and overwhelm, Adrenal fatigue, Stress overload and Neurological conditions.
Do any of these statements describe you?
- I feel exhausted, out of energy and out of balance.
- I am weighed down by too many responsibilities and the stress of everyday life.
- I experience Toxic Stress: overwhelm, fatigue, metal fog and anxiety.
- My sleep is restless and inconsistent and I either can’t go to sleep or I wake up in middle of the night and can’t go back to sleep.
- I am deeply fatigued and or in so much pain making exercising and even stretching nearly impossible.
- My days seem to revolve around my pain my stress load or how exhausted I am and I feel like I am spinning in a viscous cycle.
- I am not comfortable in my own skin—I feel disconnected from myself and the world around me.
- I startle easily and can feel hyper vigilant towards people and situations where I feel unsafe in my life.
- My body feels rigid, tight and unable to move with ease limiting my activities.
- I have all these symptoms on the inside but on the outside, I appear normal. My pain, stress or exhaustion is invisible yet I am in overload and have no where to turn.
- I experience self-doubt and the results of my pain daily and now know that it gets in the way in my activities, relationships and even my work suffers.
If any of these statements sound like something you experience, simply request a complimentary consultation and let’s find out if Cranial Sacral Therapy can help you get your life back!